When an organization uses multiple currencies, it is important to choose how Allocadia will handle currency during Purchase Order (PO) and Actuals imports.
Tip: Currencies are set at both the top folder in the hierarchy (Master Currency), and individually for each workspace (Budget Currency). The Master Currency is the currency your organization uses to view all reports and roll-ups, and is generally the currency in which your head office operates. The Budget Currency is the currency that the workspace reflects and marketers input their marketing activities in.
- On the Home Tab, click the Master Settings hyperlink in line with the desired folder in the Edit Settings column.
- On the Settings page, navigate to the Currency tab under Template Setup on the left.
- Select the Import Actuals/POs Currency. This selection is dependent on where and how your POs and Actuals are managed.
- Master: In your organization, if POs and Actuals are managed by a central head-office then Master should be selected. The PO and Actuals imports should reflect the Master currency, with all transaction currency calculations being done in the ERP system prior to being imported into Allocadia. After import, the individual workspaces will reflect the Budget currency if configured.
- Budget: If POs and Actuals are managed regionally then Budget (Local Currency) should be selected. With this selection, the PO and Actuals imports should reflect the Budget currency only. The POs and Actuals must be converted to the Budget currency prior to import into Allocadia. The PO and Actuals columns will reflect the Budget currency and the values would roll up to the Master Currency at the Folder or Sub-folder