When an organization uses multiple currencies, it is important to decide how Allocadia will handle currency during Purchase Order (PO) and Actuals imports.
Tip: Currencies are set at both the top folder in the Hierarchy (Master Currency) and individually for each Activity Plan (Budget Currency). The Master Currency is the currency your organization uses to view all reports and roll-ups and is generally the currency in which your head office operates. The Local Currency is the currency the Activity Plan reflects and marketers input their marketing activities in.
- On the Home Tab, click on Master Settings of the desired Folder
- On the Settings page, navigate to the Currency tab under Template Setup on the left.
- In the select Import Actuals/Po Currency section, select either Local Currency or Master (top-level folder) currency
- Master: In your organization, if POs and Actuals are managed by a central head-office then Master should be selected. The PO and Actuals imports should reflect the Master currency, with all transaction currency calculations being done in the ERP system prior to being imported into Allocadia. After Import, the individual Activity Plan will reflect the Activity Plan level currency.
- Local: If POs and Actuals are managed regionally then Local Currency should be selected. With this selection, the PO and Actuals imports should reflect the Activity Plan currency only. The POs and Actuals must be converted to the Activity Plan currency prior to Import into Allocadia. The PO and Actuals columns will reflect the Activity Plan level currency and the values would roll up to the Master Currency at the Folder or Sub-folder