The Salesforce integration enables organizations to answer questions like ‘What was my cost per generated lead or conversion?’, and ‘What was my return on investment by campaign or corporate objective?’ The Salesforce integration allows for salesforce campaigns, opportunities and associated results into Allocadia and ties the data to the investment plan data inside Allocadia.
- Build the reports in Salesforce: There are four Salesforce reports (Campaign, Opportunity, Campaign Members, and Campaign Influences) that are required to set up the Salesforce integration. Work with your Customer Success Manager to ensure the reports are available and properly configured.
Tip: Here are the sample reports
- Activate the Integration in Allocadia: On the home tab, navigate to Master Settings. In the cloud exchange section, select connectors. Click on the Salesforce logo. In the ‘new connector’ tab, under setup, enter your credentials as requested. To initiate the connection, you will need your Salesforce login information and the names of Salesforce reports from. Click ‘add connector’. We recommend having a dedicated SFDC account for this connection.
- Complete all the Attribution Configuration section: Enter in the unique names for all the SFDC reports created. These names can be found in Salesforce under report properties. Type in a desired date format. We recommend MM/DD/YYYY.
Note: If your reports contain any attributes and metrics that are in addition to the minimum required fields contact your Allocadia Support team to complete the column, attribute and metric mapping.
- Mapping configuration: In the mapping configuration section, in the column mapping textbox, compare the column names expected by the connector with the column names that have been setup as the report headers. If the names are different, update them in this section. (common example, Opportunities AKA Opps)
- f you have additional columns in your SFDC reports, Allocadia can incorporate them by pulling them into Analytics, and can be reported on. Map them in the Column Mapping text box. For more detailed explanation, refer to this article.
- Sync Analytics: At this point, we get to link the campaign attributes from Salesforce to the Analytics project. Contact Allocadia Support to update Analytics.
You’re done! Once complete, it performs a retrieval of all SFDC data, based on the reports previously set up. A new drop-down listing campaigns, found on the details panel, is populated. To implement the new SFDC connector, get in touch with your customer Success Manager, and we can walk you through these steps!