POs and Actuals can be viewed and compared with the Planned and Forecasted spend in the Activity Plans. This gives the marketer visibility into their marketing spend and lets them know how they align with their top-down allocation, ensuring they do not go over or under their allocated spend. Importing POs and Actuals helps marketing organizations link Planned Spend to Actual Spend.
- On the Home tab, click Import and select your desired option from the drop-down menu
- On the Import window, click the Import into drop-down menu and select the Folder, Sub-folder or Activity Plan that you would like to import into and click Next
Note: If you have prepared a template, click the Template drop-down menu to select your desired template for this import.
- Match your spreadsheet column headers to the associated import fields by selecting from the drop-down list. Select the date format and click Next
Note: If the POs have both start and end dates, and the PO amount should be split across the date range, select the Amortize POs checkbox. After importing, POs will be allocated to the chosen date range. If there is no end date, and the PO should be split across a date range after the import is complete users can manually edit the PO through the PO Panel.
- Match your desired spreadsheet fields in the Duplicate Matching Field(s) Column then click Next
Note: During import, Allocadia recognizes duplicate marketing activities from past imports. Marketers can import an updated version of a PO or Actual that already exists in the application. You can specify these fields using the Duplicate Matching Field(s) Column and they will be updated upon import.
- Click Apply Rule(s) once you have established your mapping rules
- Click the Import button and select Import from the drop-down sub-menu
Note: If you would like to save your settings as an Import Template, select Import and Save Template As from the drop-down sub-menu.Tip: After import, you can review which items in your spreadsheet were mapped, left unmapped, or considered duplicates by clicking the Import History icon on the Home tab in line with the Folder, Sub-folder or Activity Plan that you imported into.