A Drop-down List is a predefined list of options that users can choose from. In Allocadia, a Drop-down List helps track attributes for your marketing spend data. Throughout the fiscal year you may want to update your Drop-down list’s fields with new options, or edit them depending on how your activities are shaping up. We recommend using drop-down lists to help keep data clean and consistent for reporting purposes.
- On the Home Tab, click the Master/Custom Settings hyperlink in line with the desired Folder or Sub-folder
- On the Settings page, navigate to the Columns Tab under Template Setup
- Highlight the Drop-Down List you wish to make changes to
Tip: You can type the key word “drop down” in the search bar to filter by those fields only for improved navigation.
- Expand the side panel by clicking the arrow on the right side
Tip: You can change the width of the side panel by holding down the three bars and dragging to your desired width.
- On the Field Details Panel, click the Edit Options hyperlink in line with the Type field
Tip: Clicking the Import button also allows you to bulk add fields for Drop-Down Lists by copying and pasting the values. When importing, Allocadia will filter out duplicate options.
- Type the name of your new field in the text box and click Add
Tip: For more options, hover over a field from the Drop-down List. The pencil icon allows you to rename the option, the red X will delete the option from the list while holding and dragging the three bars on the left side will allow you to move the option wherever you wish.Note: If you have the Options Editable box checked for your Drop-down then any user can edit the fields for that list. This is only recommended for certain types of drop-downs where data entries may change frequently.