For global organizations, the ability for different teams to enter their activities, Purchase Order (PO) or Actuals data in their local currency makes it more relevant and easier to reference as they manage their spend.
Tip: Currencies are set at both the top folder in the Hierarchy (Master Currency), and individually for each Activity Plan (Budget Currency). The Master Currency is the currency your organization uses to view all reports and roll-ups and is generally the currency in which your head office operates. The Budget Currency is the currency the Activity Plan reflects and marketers input their marketing activities in.
- On the Home Tab, click the Master Settings hyperlink in line with the desired Folder in the Edit Settings column.
- On the Settings page, navigate to the Currency tab under Template Setup on the left-hand side.
- Under Default Exchange Rates, click the drop-down list in the Currency column in line with the Folder, and select the Master Currency.
Tip: Default Exchange Rates section is where you will select the default currencies and enter in the base exchange rates, for each Activity Plan within the Hierarchy.
- Click the drop-down list in the Currency column in line with an Activity Plan and select the Budget currency for that Activity Plan.
- In the Exchange Rates column, enter the base exchange rate for the currency.
Note: All currencies are set in the master settings area, and are only accessible by Allocadia Owners and Administrators. If you do not have permission to make the changes, contact your System Administrator for assistance.