Importing your data into Allocadia allows you to quickly transfer data from your ERP Finance system into the application. This saves hours of manual entry and using rules during the Import can streamline this process even more.
- On the Home tab, click the Import button and select your desired option from the drop-down list
- On the Import page, choose your Import Location and File to Import and click next
- Assign your spreadsheet fields to the corresponding Allocadia Panel Fields. Select your Date Format and click next
- Identify your Duplicate Matching Fields and click next
- Establish your Mapping Rules by using the drop-down lists. See Note below for types of rules
- Click Apply Unique Rules button when applicable
- Click Apply Static Rules button when applicable
- Click the Action button and choose Import and Save Template As...from the drop-down list
Tip: A unique name will automatically be created. Rename the template and click Create. The next time you Import, this template can be found in the Manage Templates section
- Unique ID Rules choose a column in the spreadsheet that contains a unique identifier corresponding to a field in Allocadia. We recommend trying to utilize the Unique ID Rule as it facilitates a more direct Import.
The Unique ID field options are:
-PO # in PO Panel: Allocadia matches invoices directly to purchase orders having already been entered into Allocadia
-Allocadia ID: Each Category, Sub-category and Line Item (marketing activity) in Allocadia has an ID associated with it that can be found on the Details Panel
-Unique ID: Some organizations have their own unique identifying value they associate with spend activities and expenses, such as Approval #, Shopping Cart #, etc. Using the Custom Field Option, the custom unique ID Field in Allocadia can be mapped to the column in the import spreadsheet-Allocadia Persistent ID: Each Category, Sub-category and Line Item (Marketing Activity) in Allocadia has a Persistent ID associated with it that can be found on the Details Panel
Static Rules (formerly Dynamic Rules) can be simple or complex and are set manually during Import process.
-Select a column in your spreadsheet that will assist you in identifying the Activity Plan that the Import data should be associated with
-A simple rule is when a spreadsheet column header X has a row value of Y, then this data should be sent over to the Allocadia group Z.
-A complex rule works the same way as simple rules but the + option allows you to add an extra variable when mapping. For example, when my spreadsheet column header X has a row value of Y and spreadsheet column header A has a row value of B THEN this data should be imported into the Allocadia group Z